The FNQ Division of General Practice is led by a dynamic group of people who give their time and energy serving on the board to ensure a strong GP network continues to put general practice at the heart of primary health care in Far North Queensland.
- Alan McMahon – Chairman
- Des Hill – Vice Chairman
- Michelle Burrows – Secretary
- Jim Melvin – Treasurer
- Patrick O’Neill – Director
- Leanne Ramsamy – Director
- Rod Catton – Director
The FNQ Division of General Practice is well served by a committed team of professionals who bring a diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge to the organisation. Division staff work hard to ensure quality and operating systems are maintained at a high level as well as the efficient delivery of an increasing number of GP services and primary health care initiatives across the region.
At all times, our team does its best with finite resources to engage with and support GPs, health care professionals, practice managers, practice nurses, staff and our community in an inclusive way.
[insert staff list - email contacts]
- Phil Jervis, Chief Executive Officer
- Isabel Mazgay, Operations Manager
- John Letson, Finance Support Manager
- Helena Troughton, Finance Officer
- Danielle Cronin, Executive Support Officer
- Christine Purcell, Finance Officer
- Tahni Collie, Administration Officer
- Bev Houston, Administration Officer
- Terina Dent, Administration Officer
- Fiona Coates, Bookings Administrator/Administration Officer
- Roger Millroy, Manager for General Practice Services
- Carole Forrester, Project Coordinator Practice Support
- Barbara Somerville, Project Coordinator Practice Support
- Shirley-Ann Rowley, Practice Support Officer & ABHI Project Coordinator
- Jan Pullar, Practice Support Officer
- Howard Punchard, NPS Facilitator
- Jenny Todd, Tablelands CHIC Project Coordinator
- Daphne Naden, Project Manager Napranum Alcohol Reform
- Adrian Singh, Acting Primary Care Services Manager/Pathways to Healthy Feet Project Coordinator
- Mandy Larsen, Team Leader – Healthier Great Green Way
- Mairin Frances Lehmann, Practice Nurse – Healthier Great Green Way
- Deborah Allen, Cardiac Rehabilitation Coordinator – Healthier Great Green Way
- Jill Vincent, Diabetes Educator – Healthier Great Green Way, More Allied Health Service
- Chris Strano, Exercise Physiologist – Healthier Great Green Way
- Tom Rogers, Dietitian- Healthier Great Green Way
- Oriel Murray, Social and Emotional Health Practitioner
- Raelene Solomon, Social and Emotional Health Practitioner
- Upasana Papadopoulos, Psychologist – ATAPs/ Better Access to Mental Health Program
- Hannah Chapman, Probationary Psychologist
- Mick Oates, Psychologist
- Tanya Barker, Healthy Lifestyle Coordinator
- Toni Hines, Team Leader Time Out Housing Initiative
- Julie Eaton, Partnership Facilitator CHIC
As a membership based organisation, the FNQ Division is working with and for general practice in Far North Queensland.
It represents about 200 general practitioners working in private practice. Other doctors are employed by Queensland Health in three health service districts (Cairns and Hinterland; Cape York and Torres & Northern Peninsula), indigenous health services or the Royal Flying Doctor Service based in Cairns.
Part of our commitment to encouraging effective referring across health disciplines involves the FNQ Division actively promoting the sharing of information about group workshops and events for patients as well as managing and maintaining Cairns Health Online – a resource to the health care sector and general community providing information online about Cairns health care providers.